Monday, July 9, 2007

First Post: I'll get the hang of this

Hello and welcome,

After mulling over the idea for some time now, I have decided to start a blog.

I am a recent graduate of West Virginia University, where I studied biology and psychology with minors in philosophy and communications. In a little over a month, I will begin graduate school in the Biopsychology Ph.D. program at the University of Michigan. After school, I plan to conduct research, teach, and write about science.

This blog is sort of a test project. Primarily, I will document my experience in graduate school, both for entertainment and illustrative purposes. I will also post about things that interest me in general, such as popular culture, politics, science/technology, and food and travel.

I'm going to use this site as a way to stay abreast of what's going on in the world, and hopefully pass on some useful and interesting information. Most likely, I will tweak things as I learn more about text editing and focus my posts over time. Feel free to comment with suggestions and viewpoints.

Thanks for reading,

Ben

2 comments:

Michael said...

It seems our paths parallel more than they split; I've been inspired to do a similar thing, though mine, I'm sure, will maintain a more personal bent.

JamesForeman said...

+1 subscriber